october 2021 newsletter
Happy Fall!!! Hopefully we will get cooler temperatures soon. Once again, I want to thank you for the confidence you have placed in the Marsha Woody Academy of Dance and my staff by registering with us. One of the goals at the Academy is to provide the highest quality of dance education for our students in a professional atmosphere at the same time encouraging discipline, neatness, courteous manners, responsibility, and respect to others. My commitment to excellence is my commitment to you. Simply put, MWAD would not exist without you, and I am so grateful for your loyalty and continued patronage and support!
BEAUMONT CIVIC BALLET: – BCB is celebrating our 50th Season! You should have received an email to purchase tickets to the Sugar Plum Breakfast Experience. Go to website www.beaumontcivicballet.net for information.
TUITION: – It will be held at THE JULIE ROGERS THEATRE on Saturday, November 20th, 2021. This event will be complete with shopping, character photos, Santa experience and SO MUCH MORE! Following all the fun there will be an onstage presentation of Act II of The Nutcracker, however, it will be an interactive experience unlike anything you have seen before, and you do not want to miss it!
ACADEMY ENTRANCES – As always, “The Nutcracker” promises to be a perfect way for families to enjoy ballet and celebrate the holiday season. There will be 3 performances: The Nutcracker Saturday, December 11 & 12 at 2:00 pm and The Nutty Nutcracker Saturday, December 11 at 7:00 p.m. Tickets on sale the first week of November on our website www.beaumontcivicballet.net.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28th – Happy Halloween! On Oct. 28th, your child may wear their Halloween costume to tap & jazz classes if they would like to. It is not mandatory at all. Just something fun for the kiddos!! 😊
VISITORS WEEK – Our first visitors week will be November 8-12 so, mark your calendars if you plan to attend. However, know in advance that we do not have enough chairs or room to spread out for social distancing. While MWAD cannot mandate or be held accountable, it is at your discretion whether to attend or wear a mask.
66th RECITAL DATES – For September, our student of the month is Daphine Wiltz. Congratulations to a well-deserved young lady! XOXO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR OCTOBER PEEPS –
Ryan Tortorice 10-1, JR Tortorice 10-2, Lillian Snider 10-7, Gracelyn Hammonds 10-9, Bella Hallmark 10-10, Mia Hallmark 10-10, William Hallmark 10-10, Charlotte Morrison 10-15, Kharley Weighmann 10-17, Morgan Ahysen 10-20, Cate Conner 10-22, Rachel Jackson 10-26, Aria Gaspard 10-28, Olivia Terry 10-28, Aadrika Das 10-29, Olivia Messina 10-29, Maizy Weatherford 10-29
BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Ms. Ouida. She will be 80 on Oct. 9. She has been with MWAD for 36 years!! XOXO
God has TAUGHT ME that I never need to worry about tomorrow (sometimes difficult). I survived yesterday and I am alive and dealing with today. Only with GOD’S help can I face tomorrow and whatever may come my way!!
We follow BISD for calendar holidays or any school closings due to inclement weather.
Monday, August 23, 2021
Monday, September 6th, 2021
Tuesday, September 7th
November 22nd - 28th, 2021
Classes resume Monday,
December 20th, 2021 -
January 3rd, 2022
Classes resume Tuesday,
Monday, January 17th, 2022
Classes resume Tuesday, January 18th
March 14th - 20th, 2022
Classes resume Monday, March 21st
66th RECITAL 2022
Saturday, May 7th, 2022 6:00 P.M.
Julie Rogers Theatre
Covid 19 Guidelines
I have considered the health and safety of my students and staff throughout the decision-making process for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. Though no option is ideal in addressing every concern created by the current health crisis, I am committed to implementing every safety precaution there is. Below is what the studio will follow for everyone’s safety and close to normalcy for all involved.
The following guidelines will be followed until further notice from our Governmental resources:
• All staff and students’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival each day!!
• If your child feels ill or has fever, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or has been in contact with any person who has been lab confirmed Covid-19 then please DO NOT send your child to class.
• All Academy Acro Mats will be sanitized after each class use with hospital grade disinfectant.
• All surfaces, door handles, and equipment will be sanitized between each lesson and done so again at the end of each day.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles when they drop off/pick up students as a part of this enhanced safety measure, and it would be helpful if you please have your child’s Name Displayed in the car window to expedite traffic flow when picking up.
• Please be advised that no one will be allowed to wait inside the studio building at this juncture. Parents will be allowed to come into the office to change schedules, ask questions, pay bills etc… But you MUST wear a mask to enter the building and then leave when finished.
• We ask ALL students to wear a mask with a lanyard attached to the mask or one with 2 straps (one strap above ear and one strap below ear) so they can let it hang down when not in use and it stays on them at all times! If your child is 10 years old and younger, they do not have to wear a mask. That will be your choice.
• Upon arrival, the students will have their masks on, hands sanitized, and temperatures will be taken. If temperature is at 100˚F or more, then they will be sent home.
• The students then will report to the dressing room to change shoes, and report to their appropriate Studio I or II, and be placed in their own spot.
• Social distancing will be explained and maintained by keeping everyone 6’ apart at the barres and on the dance floor.
• Students in class may lower their masks while social distancing so they can breathe. When we do exercises across the floor, they will pull masks back on.
• After their class has ended, they will have their hands sanitized again; go back to the dressing room, change shoes, put cover ups on, and get in line to be picked up with staff assistance.
• Be sure your child arrives dressed for class in their appropriate dance attire with coverups on. They may use the restroom when needed; my staff will keep the restrooms sanitized.
• No water fountains will be available at this time.
As a part of our enhanced daily sanitizing and nightly cleaning, we will be using a product called Oracle 1 on surface areas such as barre’s, door handles etc…. With Oracle 1 being a fast-drying virus, germ, and bacteria cleaner (less than 1-minute drying time) that will allow us to disinfect all surfaces between classes and throughout the day!
NOTE: Dance Solutions has masks with lanyards. They have more on the way if they are out when you go to purchase your dance attire. Using lanyards will keep it convenient for the children to pull mask on and off and not lose it.
Any concerns or questions do not hesitate to call the office @409-838-4397.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we cannot wait to see everyone!!!