SEPTEMBER 2020 Newsletter
Well, what a great first week we had and then…..BAM hit with another 2020 curveball! Can we get a break? I do feel Beaumont was very blessed this time and dodged a huge bullet. Please continue to pray for our friends and families in Louisiana. Hope all our MWAD families are doing well.
Now for a few reminders:
HOLIDAY – On Monday, September 7th Labor Day is a Holiday. Classes resume Tuesday, September 8th.
TUITION – Reminding you that tuition is due the first week of each month. Late fees of $25 will be posted to unpaid invoices on the 16th of each month. Your Balance will be charged to the billing method that you have on file in the parent portal unless otherwise paid by the 15th of the month.
PARKING LOT – When you are driving into the Academy parking lot, please follow the arrows for dropping off or picking up your child. Always drive slowly and think “SAFETY FIRST.”
ACADEMY ENTRANCES – All students need to enter the Academy through the “Students Entrance” door with masks on, not the “Office Entrance” door, and go immediately to the dressing room keeping masks on to change shoes, etc., then go quickly into your classroom with masks on and following Covid regulations. All mask info applies to parents & students 10 and over.
HIP HOP CLASSES – We have Hip Hop classes on Mondays – 2nd & 3rd Grade 5:30-6:15; 4th – 6th Grade 4:45-5:30; also, Senior Level Hip Hop on Tuesdays for 7th – 12th Grade 6:30-7:15. Miss Gwen is the teacher for these classes. Call office to register.
LYRICAL CLASSES – We have lyrical classes on Wednesdays – 3rd & 4th Grade 5:45-6:30; 5th & 6th Grade 6:30-7:15; Senior Level Lyrical/Jazz is on Thursdays for 7th -12th Grade 7-8. Ms. Mac is the teacher for lyrical, and Ms. Tammy & Ms. Gwen teach jazz. Call Office to register.
65th RECITAL DATES – Our Recital Program dates are Wednesday, May 5th through Saturday, May 8th at the Julie Rogers Theatre; mark your calendars now…we want everyone on stage! More information soon on costumes etc….
SEPTEMBER BIRTHDAYS – Isla Tortotice 9/1, Carter Collins 9/2, Clara Morrell 9/4, Morgan Castille 9/9, Kate Cobb 9/13, Alice Montalbano 9/15, Trisha Montojo 9/17, Christopher Anderson 9/19, Christabelle Hamilton 9/21, Alyssa Klages 9/24, Ireland Oliphant 9/24, Brentley Tillery 9/24, Harper Gaspard 9/27, Finnley Taylor 9/29
THANK YOU AGAIN for choosing Marsha Woody Academy as your Dance Family! I know you have many choices to choose from. Please know it is an honor to teach your children, and to be a part of their dance development hopefully for many years to come!
We follow BISD for calendar holidays or any school closings due to inclement weather.
Monday, August 17, 2020
Monday, September 7th, 2020
Classes resume Tuesday, September 8th
Monday, October 12th, 2020
November 23rd - 29th, 2020
December 21st, 2020 -
January 4th, 2021
Classes resume Tuesday,
Monday, January 18th, 2021
Classes resume January 19th
Monday, February 15th, 2021
Classes resume February 16th
March 15th - 21st, 2021
Classes resume March 22nd
May 8th, 2021 6:00 P.M.
Julie Rogers Theatre
Covid 19 Guidelines
I have considered the health and safety of my students and staff throughout the decision-making process for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. Though no option is ideal in addressing every concern created by the current health crisis, I am committed to implementing every safety precaution there is. Below is what the studio will follow for everyone’s safety and close to normalcy for all involved.
The following guidelines will be followed until further notice from our Governmental resources:
• All staff and students’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival each day!!
• If your child feels ill or has fever, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or has been in contact with any person who has been lab confirmed Covid-19 then please DO NOT send your child to class.
• All Academy Acro Mats will be sanitized after each class use with hospital grade disinfectant.
• All surfaces, door handles, and equipment will be sanitized between each lesson and done so again at the end of each day.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles when they drop off/pick up students as a part of this enhanced safety measure, and it would be helpful if you please have your child’s Name Displayed in the car window to expedite traffic flow when picking up.
• Please be advised that no one will be allowed to wait inside the studio building at this juncture. Parents will be allowed to come into the office to change schedules, ask questions, pay bills etc… But you MUST wear a mask to enter the building and then leave when finished.
• We ask ALL students to wear a mask with a lanyard attached to the mask or one with 2 straps (one strap above ear and one strap below ear) so they can let it hang down when not in use and it stays on them at all times! If your child is 10 years old and younger, they do not have to wear a mask. That will be your choice.
• Upon arrival, the students will have their masks on, hands sanitized, and temperatures will be taken. If temperature is at 100˚F or more, then they will be sent home.
• The students then will report to the dressing room to change shoes, and report to their appropriate Studio I or II, and be placed in their own spot.
• Social distancing will be explained and maintained by keeping everyone 6’ apart at the barres and on the dance floor.
• Students in class may lower their masks while social distancing so they can breathe. When we do exercises across the floor, they will pull masks back on.
• After their class has ended, they will have their hands sanitized again; go back to the dressing room, change shoes, put cover ups on, and get in line to be picked up with staff assistance.
• Be sure your child arrives dressed for class in their appropriate dance attire with coverups on. They may use the restroom when needed; my staff will keep the restrooms sanitized.
• No water fountains will be available at this time.
As a part of our enhanced daily sanitizing and nightly cleaning, we will be using a product called Oracle 1 on surface areas such as barre’s, door handles etc…. With Oracle 1 being a fast-drying virus, germ, and bacteria cleaner (less than 1-minute drying time) that will allow us to disinfect all surfaces between classes and throughout the day!
NOTE: Dance Solutions has masks with lanyards. They have more on the way if they are out when you go to purchase your dance attire. Using lanyards will keep it convenient for the children to pull mask on and off and not lose it.
Any concerns or questions do not hesitate to call the office @409-838-4397.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we cannot wait to see everyone!!!