June 2022 newsletter
It has now been several weeks since our Recital and I must say I am rested and miss seeing the sweet faces of our students. I was not only proud of the hard work produced by my Staff, but beyond proud of the finished production on stage seeing our students excel and perform like professionals even from the youngest ballerinas to our senior dancers. I personally want to thank you for choosing MWAD and I hope you will return in August! It will be our 67th year and Beaumont Civic Ballet’s 51st year!! MWAD always strives to be held to the highest standard not only in dance, but in our daily lives.
Now for reminders:
SUMMER WORKSHOPS & INTENSIVES – For Information and to register please go to www.marshawoodyacademy.com click on tab at top under “workshops”. Registration and payments are done online only!
REGISTRATION – If you have not already, please register online for the 2022-2023 dance season.
PBT CLASS: – I am the only studio in our area offering this class devoted to Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT). PBT is an innovative program developed by Marie Walton-Mahon for students to understand the depth of training muscle memory in achieving their personal best in classical ballet. It is a revolutionary program to enhance ballet technique! We have seen an amazing development in our students because they take this extra class a week.
This is an additional class besides your regular ballet class, for students wanting to improve and develop an understanding of their core stability, weight placement and alignment.
We have 2 levels:
- a) Junior PBT Class (Grade’s 4th-6th & ALL Jr. Co. Members)
Mondays from 6:15-7:00
- b) Senior PBT Class (Grade’s 7th-12th & ALL Sr. Co. Members)
Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30
Ms. Megan will be the certified teacher instructing these classes. More information to those who are new to register for PBT about equipment and cost. In the meantime, please click on this link PBT to see what the Progressing Ballet Technique is all about and how excited I am to continue to offer this to our students!
MISS GWEN: – Miss Gwen will be doing two master foundation & choreography classes on Sat. July 9th!!! 4th-6th grade & 7th-12th grade. More info soon. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
BIRTHDAYS – Happy Birthday to our JUNE PEEPS!
Vivian Williams 6/4, Margo Coffin 6/9, Tinsley Williams 6/13, Ava Henderson 6/17, Katia McWilliams 6/19, Naira Bonnette 6/20, Ava’Rose Simmons 6/20, Rileigh Jackson 6/22, Raygan Callas 6/24, Kenlee Blanchard 6/30
In Closing, thank you for your gracious support and your summer is off to a wonderful start. I hope to see many of you at the Workshops! Remember…
God Answers ALL Prayers in 3 Ways:
“YES”- because you deserve it,
“NO”- because you deserve better,
“NOT YET”- because the BEST is yet to COME!
We follow BISD for calendar holidays or any school closings due to inclement weather.
Monday, August 22, 2022
Monday, September 5th, 2022
Tuesday, September 8th
November 21st - 27th, 2022
Classes resume Monday,
December 19th, 2022 -
January 2nd, 2023
Classes resume Tuesday,
Monday, January 16th, 2023
Classes resume Tuesday, January 17th
March 13th - 19th, 2023
Classes resume Monday, March 20th
67th RECITAL 2023
Saturday, May 13th, 2023 6:00 P.M.
Julie Rogers Theatre
Covid 19 Guidelines
I have considered the health and safety of my students and staff throughout the decision-making process for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. Though no option is ideal in addressing every concern created by the current health crisis, I am committed to implementing every safety precaution there is. Below is what the studio will follow for everyone’s safety and close to normalcy for all involved.
The following guidelines will be followed until further notice from our Governmental resources:
• All staff and students’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival each day!!
• If your child feels ill or has fever, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or has been in contact with any person who has been lab confirmed Covid-19 then please DO NOT send your child to class.
• All Academy Acro Mats will be sanitized after each class use with hospital grade disinfectant.
• All surfaces, door handles, and equipment will be sanitized between each lesson and done so again at the end of each day.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles when they drop off/pick up students as a part of this enhanced safety measure, and it would be helpful if you please have your child’s Name Displayed in the car window to expedite traffic flow when picking up.
• Please be advised that no one will be allowed to wait inside the studio building at this juncture. Parents will be allowed to come into the office to change schedules, ask questions, pay bills etc… But you MUST wear a mask to enter the building and then leave when finished.
• We ask ALL students to wear a mask with a lanyard attached to the mask or one with 2 straps (one strap above ear and one strap below ear) so they can let it hang down when not in use and it stays on them at all times! If your child is 10 years old and younger, they do not have to wear a mask. That will be your choice.
• Upon arrival, the students will have their masks on, hands sanitized, and temperatures will be taken. If temperature is at 100˚F or more, then they will be sent home.
• The students then will report to the dressing room to change shoes, and report to their appropriate Studio I or II, and be placed in their own spot.
• Social distancing will be explained and maintained by keeping everyone 6’ apart at the barres and on the dance floor.
• Students in class may lower their masks while social distancing so they can breathe. When we do exercises across the floor, they will pull masks back on.
• After their class has ended, they will have their hands sanitized again; go back to the dressing room, change shoes, put cover ups on, and get in line to be picked up with staff assistance.
• Be sure your child arrives dressed for class in their appropriate dance attire with coverups on. They may use the restroom when needed; my staff will keep the restrooms sanitized.
• No water fountains will be available at this time.
As a part of our enhanced daily sanitizing and nightly cleaning, we will be using a product called Oracle 1 on surface areas such as barre’s, door handles etc…. With Oracle 1 being a fast-drying virus, germ, and bacteria cleaner (less than 1-minute drying time) that will allow us to disinfect all surfaces between classes and throughout the day!
NOTE: Dance Solutions has masks with lanyards. They have more on the way if they are out when you go to purchase your dance attire. Using lanyards will keep it convenient for the children to pull mask on and off and not lose it.
Any concerns or questions do not hesitate to call the office @409-838-4397.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we cannot wait to see everyone!!!