May 2021 Newsletter
Our 2020-21 dance season is sadly coming to an end, and the staff and I sincerely want to thank you for your interest and participation with MWAD. Although we are not perfect, we hope that you have been pleased overall. On another sad note, Ms. Mac will not be with us next year for she has been accepted to Grad school at New York University for Museum Studies. We will all greatly miss her and wish her much success with God’s guidance & blessings. With recital in a few days, I have just a few reminders. Please call the office @ 409-838-4397, after 3:00 p.m. if you have any questions.
- CLASS MOTHERS – Need moms for these classes: Mon.4:45 Hip Hop, Mon. 5:30 Ballet, Tues. 4:15 Ballet I, Tues. 4:15 Ballet II, Wed. 5:45 Lyrical, Wed. 6:30 Lyrical, Thurs. 4:15 Tap & 4:45 Jazz.
- RECITAL –
A.) ½ May tuition will be withheld on May 3rd. If this is not taken care of, then your child will not be allowed on stage on Wednesday.
B.) If you need a theatre schedule, recital lineup, or makeup instructions please pick one up in the office. We go to the theatre on Wed. May 5th.
C.) Dance Solutions has everything you need for recital. They have the light suntan tights, rhinestone earrings, dance shoes, etc. etc. Do not wait to the last minute.
- PRE-REGISTRATION – Go online to MWAD website and preregister for 2021-22. You will not owe a registration fee until August 1st. By preregistering you are reserving your child’s placement in the Academy before registration is opened to the public.
- SUMMER WORKSHOP – Go online to MWAD website to register for our Summer intensives and camps. We hope to see most of you at one or more of these!! So, SIGN UP!
- PICTURES – GASPARD PHOTOGRAPHY will be at the studio, Sunday, May 2 2:00-5:00 and at the Julie Rogers Theatre Wednesday, May 5th 3:00-6:00. I will have someone from MWAD to pose your child. If you are interested in a portrait in your child’s costumes, then this will be your only opportunity to take advantage of this. Any Questions Call Jordan Gaspard @ 409-767-0915
- BIRTHDAYS – Happy Birthday to our MAY PEEPS. XOXO
Abigail Clark 5/1, Aadhya Ravi 5/2, Alexandra Neal 5/4, Vivianne Ohmstede 5/10,Lucy Hallmark 5/11, Gabriela de la Madrid 5/12, Georgia Messina 5/14, Elise Rogers 5/14, Ana Lopez 5/21, Mary Blalock 5/26, Mary Ellis Jenkins 5/27, Mary Morrell 5/27
Most of all I would like for the parents & students, the backstage moms, and in the audience to be kind and get along with each other. We want the children to enjoy this experience and have fun doing it. When in doubt ask one of the staff members. If they do not know the answer, they will ask me. So, remember to keep Cool, Calm & Collective.
Lastly, the recital is approximately 2 hours with a 15 min. intermission. Please try to stay on Saturday night till the end of the show and watch our fabulous Senior Dancers. They deserve a full audience!! 😊
Thank you again
for choosing MWAD!
Have a wonderful
and safe summer.
With Much Love,
We follow BISD for calendar holidays or any school closings due to inclement weather.
Monday, August 17, 2020
Monday, September 7th, 2020
Classes resume Tuesday, September 8th
Monday, October 12th, 2020
November 23rd - 29th, 2020
December 21st, 2020 -
January 4th, 2021
Classes resume Tuesday,
Monday, January 18th, 2021
Classes resume January 19th
Monday, February 15th, 2021
Classes resume February 16th
March 15th - 21st, 2021
Classes resume March 22nd
May 8th, 2021 6:00 P.M.
Julie Rogers Theatre
Covid 19 Guidelines
I have considered the health and safety of my students and staff throughout the decision-making process for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. Though no option is ideal in addressing every concern created by the current health crisis, I am committed to implementing every safety precaution there is. Below is what the studio will follow for everyone’s safety and close to normalcy for all involved.
The following guidelines will be followed until further notice from our Governmental resources:
• All staff and students’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival each day!!
• If your child feels ill or has fever, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or has been in contact with any person who has been lab confirmed Covid-19 then please DO NOT send your child to class.
• All Academy Acro Mats will be sanitized after each class use with hospital grade disinfectant.
• All surfaces, door handles, and equipment will be sanitized between each lesson and done so again at the end of each day.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles when they drop off/pick up students as a part of this enhanced safety measure, and it would be helpful if you please have your child’s Name Displayed in the car window to expedite traffic flow when picking up.
• Please be advised that no one will be allowed to wait inside the studio building at this juncture. Parents will be allowed to come into the office to change schedules, ask questions, pay bills etc… But you MUST wear a mask to enter the building and then leave when finished.
• We ask ALL students to wear a mask with a lanyard attached to the mask or one with 2 straps (one strap above ear and one strap below ear) so they can let it hang down when not in use and it stays on them at all times! If your child is 10 years old and younger, they do not have to wear a mask. That will be your choice.
• Upon arrival, the students will have their masks on, hands sanitized, and temperatures will be taken. If temperature is at 100˚F or more, then they will be sent home.
• The students then will report to the dressing room to change shoes, and report to their appropriate Studio I or II, and be placed in their own spot.
• Social distancing will be explained and maintained by keeping everyone 6’ apart at the barres and on the dance floor.
• Students in class may lower their masks while social distancing so they can breathe. When we do exercises across the floor, they will pull masks back on.
• After their class has ended, they will have their hands sanitized again; go back to the dressing room, change shoes, put cover ups on, and get in line to be picked up with staff assistance.
• Be sure your child arrives dressed for class in their appropriate dance attire with coverups on. They may use the restroom when needed; my staff will keep the restrooms sanitized.
• No water fountains will be available at this time.
As a part of our enhanced daily sanitizing and nightly cleaning, we will be using a product called Oracle 1 on surface areas such as barre’s, door handles etc…. With Oracle 1 being a fast-drying virus, germ, and bacteria cleaner (less than 1-minute drying time) that will allow us to disinfect all surfaces between classes and throughout the day!
NOTE: Dance Solutions has masks with lanyards. They have more on the way if they are out when you go to purchase your dance attire. Using lanyards will keep it convenient for the children to pull mask on and off and not lose it.
Any concerns or questions do not hesitate to call the office @409-838-4397.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we cannot wait to see everyone!!!