February 2021 Newsletter
The students that needed costumes have been ordered right after Christmas and are coming in weekly. Teachers are beginning to start class dances, so be sure all students are in their classes regularly. We have 3 ½ months before recital. Yikes!! Be sure you have sold or purchased your child’s costumes that are needed for the recital. Please do now if you have not already!!!!
- BCB PERFORMANCE- BCB’s Junior and Senior Company dancers will be performing Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, along with excerpts from Alice in Wonderland and Sleeping Beauty. This beautiful production will be on February 27 at 2:00pm at The Julie Rogers Theatre. Tickets will go on sale to the public on Tuesday, February 2 at 9:00am on our website. Ticket prices will be $25 Adult & $15 Senior/Student/Child (Front Orchestra and Front Balcony), and $20 Adult & $10 Senior/Student/Child (Back Orchestra and Back Balcony). www.beaumontcivicballet.net. Tickets will be limited due to social distancing…don’t miss your chance to see Ms. Monique as the Wicked Queen and Ms. Tammy as the Old Lady in Snow White! This program is a “must see” for our students and families, so please support your “home” company.
- VALENTINE’S DAY- Is Sunday, February 14th! Wishing you a very Happy Valentine’s Day to all our MWAD Families. Hope your day is filled with much LOVE & KINDNESS to all!
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
- HOLIDAY- ON Monday, February 15th in observance of President’s Day & BISD calendar we will NOT have classes. All classes resume Tuesday, February 16th.
- RECITAL 2021 – The 65th “Recital” will be at the Julie Rogers Theatre on Saturday, May 8th, at 6:00 p.m., with rehearsals at the Julie Rogers Theatre on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, May 5th,6th,7th after school. Mark your calendars!! More details and the schedule will follow sometime in April. You will have a Recital Fee to cover all theatre expenses and will include 6 tickets to each family for the Saturday night show.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY – To our FEBRUARY PEEPS:
Olivia de la Madrid 2/1, Lillie Wood 2/2, Sharon Katoh-Jones 2/3, Lola Carter 2/4, Brock Byrd 2/6, Jiya Patel 2/6, Alexandra Potato 2/9, Savannah Spidle 2/13, Cole Hinson 2/14, Stella Worley 2/16, Amrita Sarker 2/17, Samantha Shay 2/18, Mackenna Callas 2/21, Jordan Lindow 2/21
Lastly, check your emails regularly please! Any questions call the office @ 409-838-4397.
We follow BISD for calendar holidays or any school closings due to inclement weather.
Monday, August 17, 2020
Monday, September 7th, 2020
Classes resume Tuesday, September 8th
Monday, October 12th, 2020
November 23rd - 29th, 2020
December 21st, 2020 -
January 4th, 2021
Classes resume Tuesday,
Monday, January 18th, 2021
Classes resume January 19th
Monday, February 15th, 2021
Classes resume February 16th
March 15th - 21st, 2021
Classes resume March 22nd
May 8th, 2021 6:00 P.M.
Julie Rogers Theatre
Covid 19 Guidelines
I have considered the health and safety of my students and staff throughout the decision-making process for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. Though no option is ideal in addressing every concern created by the current health crisis, I am committed to implementing every safety precaution there is. Below is what the studio will follow for everyone’s safety and close to normalcy for all involved.
The following guidelines will be followed until further notice from our Governmental resources:
• All staff and students’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival each day!!
• If your child feels ill or has fever, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or has been in contact with any person who has been lab confirmed Covid-19 then please DO NOT send your child to class.
• All Academy Acro Mats will be sanitized after each class use with hospital grade disinfectant.
• All surfaces, door handles, and equipment will be sanitized between each lesson and done so again at the end of each day.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles when they drop off/pick up students as a part of this enhanced safety measure, and it would be helpful if you please have your child’s Name Displayed in the car window to expedite traffic flow when picking up.
• Please be advised that no one will be allowed to wait inside the studio building at this juncture. Parents will be allowed to come into the office to change schedules, ask questions, pay bills etc… But you MUST wear a mask to enter the building and then leave when finished.
• We ask ALL students to wear a mask with a lanyard attached to the mask or one with 2 straps (one strap above ear and one strap below ear) so they can let it hang down when not in use and it stays on them at all times! If your child is 10 years old and younger, they do not have to wear a mask. That will be your choice.
• Upon arrival, the students will have their masks on, hands sanitized, and temperatures will be taken. If temperature is at 100˚F or more, then they will be sent home.
• The students then will report to the dressing room to change shoes, and report to their appropriate Studio I or II, and be placed in their own spot.
• Social distancing will be explained and maintained by keeping everyone 6’ apart at the barres and on the dance floor.
• Students in class may lower their masks while social distancing so they can breathe. When we do exercises across the floor, they will pull masks back on.
• After their class has ended, they will have their hands sanitized again; go back to the dressing room, change shoes, put cover ups on, and get in line to be picked up with staff assistance.
• Be sure your child arrives dressed for class in their appropriate dance attire with coverups on. They may use the restroom when needed; my staff will keep the restrooms sanitized.
• No water fountains will be available at this time.
As a part of our enhanced daily sanitizing and nightly cleaning, we will be using a product called Oracle 1 on surface areas such as barre’s, door handles etc…. With Oracle 1 being a fast-drying virus, germ, and bacteria cleaner (less than 1-minute drying time) that will allow us to disinfect all surfaces between classes and throughout the day!
NOTE: Dance Solutions has masks with lanyards. They have more on the way if they are out when you go to purchase your dance attire. Using lanyards will keep it convenient for the children to pull mask on and off and not lose it.
Any concerns or questions do not hesitate to call the office @409-838-4397.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we cannot wait to see everyone!!!