JULY 2021 Newsletter
The Summer Minicamp, Saturday Intensives, and the Ballet Workshop all in June were successful and had positive feedback. The staff and guest teachers enjoyed teaching the kiddos that took these classes. On another note….. I have just learned that in Studio II I have had a roof leak over sometime now and it has been leaking between the outside front rock wall and inside studio wall.
It has been coming in under the sub floor in St. II. So, I am in the process of fixing the outside hidden roof leak, tearing out the entire Studio II floor and replacing it with a brand-new one. It is one big mess! But the finished product will be worth it! With that said, my summer is going fast, and I hope your summer is going great and everyone is well.
Below are some reminders:
REGISTRATION: – MWAD classes will start back Monday, August 23, 2021. Beginning August 1st, the registration fee will be $150 per family. Tuition for August will be a half month and due on August 23rd. If you have not registered yet, please log in to your Parent Portal and select “Find Classes” in the top right corner. You will select which subject each dancer would like to take. We will send your dancer’s schedule to you asap. The class schedule for the Fall 2021-2022 season is available on our website.
2. INTENSIVES & PRIVATE LESSONS: – For the month of July, we will have Contemporary/Lyrical on Saturday, July 10, and Leaps & Turns on Saturday, July 17. Register only at marshawoodyacademy.com under the Workshop Tab. If you are interested in private lessons, contact me at email@example.com and I will put you in contact with a staff member. Private lessons will differ in price with each teacher.
3. PBT CLASS – This class is for devoted to serious students wanting to improve their development in Ballet. Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT) is an innovative program developed by Marie Walton-Mahon for students to understand the depth of training muscle memory in achieving their personal best in classical ballet. It is a revolutionary program to enhance ballet technique!
This will be an additional class besides your regular ballet classes, for students wanting to improve and develop an understanding of their core stability, weight placement and alignment. All BCB Jr. Co. Members are required to take this class for a low discounted rate.
- a) Junior PBT Class (Grade’s 4th, 5th, 6th & ALL BCB Jr. Co. Members) Mondays from 6:15-7:00
- b) Senior PBT Class (BCB Sr. Co. Members)
Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30
Ms. Megan is the certified teacher instructing these classes. More about equipment and cost when you enroll for the class. In the meantime, please click on this link, PBT, to see what the Progressing Ballet Technique is all about and how excited we are to bring this to you!!! Register for it on your parent portal!
4. BIRTHDAYS – Happy Birthday to our JULY peeps!
Vivian Williams 6/4, Tinsley Williams 6/13, Jadyn Wilson 6/15,
Ava Henderson 6/17, Katia McWilliams 6/19, Naira Bonnette 6/20,
Ava’Rose Simmons 6/20, Rileigh Jackson 6/22, Raygan Callas 6/24,
Kenlee Blanchard 6/30
The life in front of you is far more important than the life behind you! Happiness is not the absence of problems; it is the ability to deal with them. In my own experience, you know you have made the right decision when there is peace in your heart!!!
We follow BISD for calendar holidays or any school closings due to inclement weather.
Monday, August 23, 2021
Monday, September 6th, 2021
Tuesday, September 7th
November 22nd - 28th, 2021
Classes resume Monday,
December 20th, 2021 -
January 3rd, 2022
Classes resume Tuesday,
Monday, January 17th, 2022
Classes resume Tuesday, January 18th
March 14th - 20th, 2022
Classes resume Monday, March 21st
66th RECITAL 2022
Saturday, May 7th, 2022 6:00 P.M.
Julie Rogers Theatre
Covid 19 Guidelines
I have considered the health and safety of my students and staff throughout the decision-making process for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. Though no option is ideal in addressing every concern created by the current health crisis, I am committed to implementing every safety precaution there is. Below is what the studio will follow for everyone’s safety and close to normalcy for all involved.
The following guidelines will be followed until further notice from our Governmental resources:
• All staff and students’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival each day!!
• If your child feels ill or has fever, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or has been in contact with any person who has been lab confirmed Covid-19 then please DO NOT send your child to class.
• All Academy Acro Mats will be sanitized after each class use with hospital grade disinfectant.
• All surfaces, door handles, and equipment will be sanitized between each lesson and done so again at the end of each day.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles when they drop off/pick up students as a part of this enhanced safety measure, and it would be helpful if you please have your child’s Name Displayed in the car window to expedite traffic flow when picking up.
• Please be advised that no one will be allowed to wait inside the studio building at this juncture. Parents will be allowed to come into the office to change schedules, ask questions, pay bills etc… But you MUST wear a mask to enter the building and then leave when finished.
• We ask ALL students to wear a mask with a lanyard attached to the mask or one with 2 straps (one strap above ear and one strap below ear) so they can let it hang down when not in use and it stays on them at all times! If your child is 10 years old and younger, they do not have to wear a mask. That will be your choice.
• Upon arrival, the students will have their masks on, hands sanitized, and temperatures will be taken. If temperature is at 100˚F or more, then they will be sent home.
• The students then will report to the dressing room to change shoes, and report to their appropriate Studio I or II, and be placed in their own spot.
• Social distancing will be explained and maintained by keeping everyone 6’ apart at the barres and on the dance floor.
• Students in class may lower their masks while social distancing so they can breathe. When we do exercises across the floor, they will pull masks back on.
• After their class has ended, they will have their hands sanitized again; go back to the dressing room, change shoes, put cover ups on, and get in line to be picked up with staff assistance.
• Be sure your child arrives dressed for class in their appropriate dance attire with coverups on. They may use the restroom when needed; my staff will keep the restrooms sanitized.
• No water fountains will be available at this time.
As a part of our enhanced daily sanitizing and nightly cleaning, we will be using a product called Oracle 1 on surface areas such as barre’s, door handles etc…. With Oracle 1 being a fast-drying virus, germ, and bacteria cleaner (less than 1-minute drying time) that will allow us to disinfect all surfaces between classes and throughout the day!
NOTE: Dance Solutions has masks with lanyards. They have more on the way if they are out when you go to purchase your dance attire. Using lanyards will keep it convenient for the children to pull mask on and off and not lose it.
Any concerns or questions do not hesitate to call the office @409-838-4397.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we cannot wait to see everyone!!!