NOVEMBER 2020 Newsletter
1. VISITORS’ WEEK — Parents are invited to visit their child’s regular classes on Monday, November 9th through Thursday, November 12th. Please try not to bring small children if possible…if they come and start to disrupt the class, please take them out so as not to disturb others and the students. We appreciate your cooperation on this. Also please always wear your masks while in the studio and be conscientious about social distancing.
2. THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS — Happy Thanksgiving! We will be closed the week of Monday, November 23rd through November 29th; with classes resuming on Monday, November 30th. The Academy follows most of the BISD holiday schedules. We do not observe all their teacher workdays.
3. THE NUTCRACKER — Beaumont Civic Ballet’s annual Nutcracker performance is Saturday December 12th @ 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm and Sunday, December 13th @ 2:00 pm, at the Julie Rogers Theatre. Tickets can be ordered on BCB’s website at www.beaumontcivicballet.net. Due to limited seating, tickets are going quickly. So, don’t wait and order today!
4. RECITAL DATES – Remember, our “RECITAL” end of the year program will begin with rehearsals after school on Wednesday, May 5th through Friday, May 7th. The “RECITAL” night will be Saturday, May 8th @ 6:00 PM at the Julie Rogers Theatre. Please mark your calendars now…we want everyone to participate! More information on costumes will be sent out soon.
5. NOVEMBER BIRTHDAYS – Happy Birthday to our MWAD peeps:
Jacy Claire Breeden 11/1, Gabby Jaynes 11/3, Sophia Fisher 11/6, Ellie Zihlman 11/6, Destiny Williams 11/10, Tenley Jaynes 11/11, Fallyn Audilet 11/13, Brooklyn Isabell 11/14, Millie Zihlman 11/15, Ava Scott 11/22, Audrey Skiles 11/25, Jose Bahena 11/27, Carlisle Ohmstede 11/28, Eunice Yi 11/28
Don’t worry about anything; instead,
PRAY about everything.
Tell God what you need, and
THANK HIM for all he has done.
Wishing you a safe and Blessed Thanksgiving to our MWAD Families,
We follow BISD for calendar holidays or any school closings due to inclement weather.
Monday, August 17, 2020
Monday, September 7th, 2020
Classes resume Tuesday, September 8th
Monday, October 12th, 2020
November 23rd - 29th, 2020
December 21st, 2020 -
January 4th, 2021
Classes resume Tuesday,
Monday, January 18th, 2021
Classes resume January 19th
Monday, February 15th, 2021
Classes resume February 16th
March 15th - 21st, 2021
Classes resume March 22nd
May 8th, 2021 6:00 P.M.
Julie Rogers Theatre
Covid 19 Guidelines
I have considered the health and safety of my students and staff throughout the decision-making process for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. Though no option is ideal in addressing every concern created by the current health crisis, I am committed to implementing every safety precaution there is. Below is what the studio will follow for everyone’s safety and close to normalcy for all involved.
The following guidelines will be followed until further notice from our Governmental resources:
• All staff and students’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival each day!!
• If your child feels ill or has fever, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or has been in contact with any person who has been lab confirmed Covid-19 then please DO NOT send your child to class.
• All Academy Acro Mats will be sanitized after each class use with hospital grade disinfectant.
• All surfaces, door handles, and equipment will be sanitized between each lesson and done so again at the end of each day.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles when they drop off/pick up students as a part of this enhanced safety measure, and it would be helpful if you please have your child’s Name Displayed in the car window to expedite traffic flow when picking up.
• Please be advised that no one will be allowed to wait inside the studio building at this juncture. Parents will be allowed to come into the office to change schedules, ask questions, pay bills etc… But you MUST wear a mask to enter the building and then leave when finished.
• We ask ALL students to wear a mask with a lanyard attached to the mask or one with 2 straps (one strap above ear and one strap below ear) so they can let it hang down when not in use and it stays on them at all times! If your child is 10 years old and younger, they do not have to wear a mask. That will be your choice.
• Upon arrival, the students will have their masks on, hands sanitized, and temperatures will be taken. If temperature is at 100˚F or more, then they will be sent home.
• The students then will report to the dressing room to change shoes, and report to their appropriate Studio I or II, and be placed in their own spot.
• Social distancing will be explained and maintained by keeping everyone 6’ apart at the barres and on the dance floor.
• Students in class may lower their masks while social distancing so they can breathe. When we do exercises across the floor, they will pull masks back on.
• After their class has ended, they will have their hands sanitized again; go back to the dressing room, change shoes, put cover ups on, and get in line to be picked up with staff assistance.
• Be sure your child arrives dressed for class in their appropriate dance attire with coverups on. They may use the restroom when needed; my staff will keep the restrooms sanitized.
• No water fountains will be available at this time.
As a part of our enhanced daily sanitizing and nightly cleaning, we will be using a product called Oracle 1 on surface areas such as barre’s, door handles etc…. With Oracle 1 being a fast-drying virus, germ, and bacteria cleaner (less than 1-minute drying time) that will allow us to disinfect all surfaces between classes and throughout the day!
NOTE: Dance Solutions has masks with lanyards. They have more on the way if they are out when you go to purchase your dance attire. Using lanyards will keep it convenient for the children to pull mask on and off and not lose it.
Any concerns or questions do not hesitate to call the office @409-838-4397.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we cannot wait to see everyone!!!