February 2023 newsletter
Teachers are beginning to start class dances, so be sure all students are in their classes regularly. We have 15 weeks before recital. Yikes!!
See below for important information:
BCB PERFORMANCE – BCB’s Junior and Senior Company dancers will be performing the Wizard of Oz. This fun production will be on February 12 at 2:00pm at The Julie Rogers Theatre. Our very own Ms. Megan choreographed the ballet last year. If you missed it, be sure to catch it. This will be the last year to see it! To purchase tickets please go to our website @ www.beaumontcivicballet.net. This program is a “must see” for our students and families, so please support your “home” ballet company.
BCB AUDITIONS – BCB Auditions for the 2023-2024 season will be held on Wednesday, February 15 at the MWAD studio. Jr. Co. (10-12-year old’s) from 5:00-5:45 p.m. and Sr. Co. (13-year old’s and older) from 6:00-7:00 p.m. You must be present to audition, and all past Company Dancers must re-audition each year. All BCB dancers will perform in “The Nutcracker” and a spring program in February. If you have any questions, or cannot attend, please call the MWAD office, @409-838-4397.
VALENTINE’S DAY – Is Tuesday, February 14th! Wishing you a very Happy Valentine’s Day to all our MWAD Families. Hope your day is filled with much LOVE & KINDNESS to all! 😊
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart!!! ❤
RECITAL 2023 – The 67th“Recital” will be at the Julie Rogers Theatre on Saturday, May 13th, at 6:00 p.m., with rehearsals at the Julie Rogers Theatre on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, May 10th,11th,12th after school. Mark your calendars!! More details and the schedule will follow sometime in April. You will have a Recital Fee to cover all theatre expenses and will include 6 tickets to each family for the Saturday night show.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY – To our FEBRUARY PEEPS:
Olivia de la Madrid 2/1, Paityn Narramore 2/1, Ali Clare Low 2/2, Lillie Wood 2/2, Lola Carter 2/4, Harper Felton 2/8, Chole Ren 2/9, Savannah Spidle 2/13, Cole Hinson 2/14, Amrita Sarker 2/17, Annie Wright 2/17, Mackenna Callas 2/21, Millie Jones 2/22, Jessi Yancey 2/29
Student of the Month – Our student of the month is Harper Wilhelm. She is a student that if she cannot do a step, she comes in the next lesson with it looking much better. Harper is a very hard working determined 9-year-old. Congrats sweet girl!
One thing I realized is that everything ends up working out. Sometimes even better than you can imagine. Remember this when you’re in a hard place or feel like you are being challenged the most. Believe in where you’re heading.
We follow BISD for calendar holidays or any school closings due to inclement weather.
Monday, August 22, 2022
Monday, September 5th, 2022
Tuesday, September 8th
November 21st - 27th, 2022
Classes resume Monday,
December 19th, 2022 -
January 2nd, 2023
Classes resume Tuesday,
Monday, January 16th, 2023
Classes resume Tuesday, January 17th
March 13th - 19th, 2023
Classes resume Monday, March 20th
67th RECITAL 2023
Saturday, May 13th, 2023 6:00 P.M.
Julie Rogers Theatre
Covid 19 Guidelines
I have considered the health and safety of my students and staff throughout the decision-making process for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. Though no option is ideal in addressing every concern created by the current health crisis, I am committed to implementing every safety precaution there is. Below is what the studio will follow for everyone’s safety and close to normalcy for all involved.
The following guidelines will be followed until further notice from our Governmental resources:
• All staff and students’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival each day!!
• If your child feels ill or has fever, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or has been in contact with any person who has been lab confirmed Covid-19 then please DO NOT send your child to class.
• All Academy Acro Mats will be sanitized after each class use with hospital grade disinfectant.
• All surfaces, door handles, and equipment will be sanitized between each lesson and done so again at the end of each day.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles when they drop off/pick up students as a part of this enhanced safety measure, and it would be helpful if you please have your child’s Name Displayed in the car window to expedite traffic flow when picking up.
• Please be advised that no one will be allowed to wait inside the studio building at this juncture. Parents will be allowed to come into the office to change schedules, ask questions, pay bills etc… But you MUST wear a mask to enter the building and then leave when finished.
• We ask ALL students to wear a mask with a lanyard attached to the mask or one with 2 straps (one strap above ear and one strap below ear) so they can let it hang down when not in use and it stays on them at all times! If your child is 10 years old and younger, they do not have to wear a mask. That will be your choice.
• Upon arrival, the students will have their masks on, hands sanitized, and temperatures will be taken. If temperature is at 100˚F or more, then they will be sent home.
• The students then will report to the dressing room to change shoes, and report to their appropriate Studio I or II, and be placed in their own spot.
• Social distancing will be explained and maintained by keeping everyone 6’ apart at the barres and on the dance floor.
• Students in class may lower their masks while social distancing so they can breathe. When we do exercises across the floor, they will pull masks back on.
• After their class has ended, they will have their hands sanitized again; go back to the dressing room, change shoes, put cover ups on, and get in line to be picked up with staff assistance.
• Be sure your child arrives dressed for class in their appropriate dance attire with coverups on. They may use the restroom when needed; my staff will keep the restrooms sanitized.
• No water fountains will be available at this time.
As a part of our enhanced daily sanitizing and nightly cleaning, we will be using a product called Oracle 1 on surface areas such as barre’s, door handles etc…. With Oracle 1 being a fast-drying virus, germ, and bacteria cleaner (less than 1-minute drying time) that will allow us to disinfect all surfaces between classes and throughout the day!
NOTE: Dance Solutions has masks with lanyards. They have more on the way if they are out when you go to purchase your dance attire. Using lanyards will keep it convenient for the children to pull mask on and off and not lose it.
Any concerns or questions do not hesitate to call the office @409-838-4397.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we cannot wait to see everyone!!!