June 2020 Newsletter
We are so thrilled to start back and excited to see all your children’s faces June 1st. Hope they are ready as much as we are. I realize this will be a whole different process of having classes but I feel it will all work out and run smoothly with your cooperation. Together we can DO THIS!
All of you should have, by now, received your new June Schedule. It is on the MWAD web-site under the “classes” tab for easy access. Please know this schedule will allow us time to get all classes in and out in a timely manner and to sanitize in between classes. Be sure your child has all their dance shoes and supplies they need because they will not be able to use the dressing rooms. If they have Ballet/Pointe classes they will come dressed for ballet and change shoes for all other subjects. They may add their jazz pants for jazz and tap classes. So be sure they have everything in their dance bags!! Hair in a Bun for Ballet and will stay up the entire time for classes. DO NOT wear any dance shoes outside. They must come in and change shoes in the ballrooms.
Now for a few reminders:
1. PARENT PORTAL – Have you signed up yet??? You must do this!! And manage your account ONLINE. Our mobile friendly Parent Portal makes it quick and easy for you to do all of this and make payments, pre-register for 2020-2021 classes and for workshops, sign up for class mothers, etc………all in one place! Please call or email Ms. Wendy if you have any trouble or questions.
2. COSTUME PICKUP – We will be distributing costumes at the studio on June 29 th
Please see below for your pickup times. We will bring them to your car. PLEASE keep them safe as we plan to use as many as we can for our 2021 Recital.
Costume Pickup Times
Time Family Last Name
3:00 – 3:30 A – B
3:30 – 4:00 C – F
4:00 – 4:30 G – I
4:30 – 5:00 J – L
5:00 – 5:30 M – P
5:30 – 6:00 Q – S
6:00 – 6:45 T – Z
3. REGISTRATION – Register for 2020-2021 NOW! If you pre-register BEFORE
August 1st, your registration fee will be discounted to $100 per family. Beginning
August 1st, the registration fee will be $150 per family. ACT NOW & SAVE MONEY!!
Please log in to your Parent Portal and select “Find Classes” in the top right corner.
You will select which subject each dancer would like to take. We will send your
dancer’s schedule to your email in July. The class schedule for the Fall 2020-2021
season is available on our website BELOW the Summer Class Schedule.
4. PRIVATE & GROUP LESSONS – For the month of July, don’t forget we will offer
private lessons and group lessons. It will be up to the parents and students to get a
group together. Group lessons should be groups of serious students in closely the
same age group who want to improve their skills through the summer. This can be
ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, hip hop, or acro, with no more than ten students or so. Private
lessons will differ in price with each teacher. Group lessons will be $10 per student per
class. Parents should contact Ms. Monique at email@example.com
the end of June or the first part of July with a group together already in order to set a
schedule. Payments will be made in cash each lesson when they come into class.
5. SUMMER WORKSHOPS – This year with Covid-19 restrictions, setbacks, and the staff and students working hard to get ready for the recital I regrettably feel I need to cancel all summer camps & intensives until June 2021.
6. BIRTHDAYS – Happy Birthday to our JUNE peeps.
Meredith Winkler 6/3
Vivian Williams 6/4
Tinsley Williams 6/13
Jadyn Wilson 6/15
Amari Brown 6/17
Ava Henderson 6/17
Katia McWilliams 6/19
Naira Bonnette 6/20
Ava’Rose Simmons 6/20
Rileigh Jackson 6/22
Raygan Callas 6/24
Lainey Jeffcoat 6/29
Kendyl Page 6/29
Kenlee Blanchard 6/30
7. BEAUMONT CIVIC BALLET – Auditions for BCB Company 2020-2021 will be on:
June 22nd at MWAD
Junior Company (10-12 yr old’s) ‐ 5:15‐6:30 p.m.
Senior Company (13 yr. old’s and up) ‐ 6:45‐8:00 p.m.
Current MWAD students attend their regular class that day. If you are unable to attend the audition or have any questions, please call the office at (409) 838-4397.
8. GRADUATING SENIORS – Congratulations to the following fine young ladies and gentlemen for being a 2020 graduate and students of MWAD. What an outstanding accomplishment all of you have achieved with such poise, grace and dignity. Such fine role models to your younger peers. Now, you are standing on the edge of a whole new life. Dream Big and live the life you imagined with courage. Remember, to always keep God first and the rest will fall in to place.
With your support, my staff and I look forward to starting back in JUNE. Thank you very much for working with MWAD during this difficult time! It has been hard for all of us in so many ways, but we WILL come out stronger. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call, or email us.
Gabriela Angel, Laiken Binagia, Katelyn Dickerson, Connor Green, Lauren Ho, Korrie Jolivet, Devin Jones, Brea Landry, Madison Moore
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call, or email us.
God Answers ALL Prayers in 3 Ways:
“YES”- because you deserve it,
“NO”- because you deserve better,
“NOT YET”- because the BEST is yet to COME!
Blessings with Health & Happiness,
We follow BISD for calendar holidays or any school closings due to inclement weather.